HUMMINGBIRD HAPPINESS HOMESUGAR SOLUTIONFEEDER FUNBIRDIE PHOTOS
___________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 11, 2009

Three Little Parakeets....


...my pets, and notoriously messy! That's one reason they live outside;) Parakeets can easily survive Southern California winters OUTDOORS (provided they have adequate shelter). When my old walk-in aviary finally succumbed to weather, hookbills, and termites, I razed it with the intent to build something smaller. A few years ago, I discovered some heavy-duty storage racks on clearance at Lowes. The price was right too. With some adjustments to the assembly, plywood, pegboard, a few pieces of cedar and some aviary wire, my three little parakeets had a new home. These days the cage is a little rusty, but my birdies are as pretty as ever!

No comments: