HUMMINGBIRD HAPPINESS HOMESUGAR SOLUTIONFEEDER FUNBIRDIE PHOTOS
___________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, September 15, 2008

Tomato Summer

While I’m not one to be a loyal planter of veggie gardens, every Spring I plant tomatoes (except the few years that “volunteers” have saved me;) It’s tradition. My ritual. Home-grown ‘maters to eat and share. Yum!

In the past, we have grown various varieties, but lately my choice has been Grape tomatoes, namely, Roma Grapes. No knives needed, they are the perfect size for salads or snacks. This year produced a bountiful harvest, so I’m trying this roasted tomato recipe. The aroma in the kitchen is wonderful....

Our little section of Southern California stays pretty mild year round, so tomato plants can be wintered over with some luck and plastic “pup tents”:) Kinda cheating, don’t you think? Turn, Turn, Turn. To everything, There is a season.....A time to plant, a time to reap.

Soon I will join Autumn for some house-cleaning. Her winds will strip the trees of leaves while I empty the planting beds, say goodbye to the stragglers, and store the cages till next year...

Come Spring, I will ritualize...once again;)

No comments: